I really love Bang Bang Shrimp.. if you haven’t tried it you don’t know what you’re missing it’s to die for..SERIOUSLY
The sauce is really what makes the dish. I decided to try it on tofu. I’ve been going through a little vegetarian phase so decided to use this sauce. This recipe is super easy and very satisfying.
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 3/4 cups cornstarch(if on keto or low carb if not use flour)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sriracha
1tbs rice vinegar
1block of extra firm tofu
Panko breadcrumbs for coating
canola oil to fry
green onions optional
1. First you need to drain tofu. I usually place on a clean kitchen towel and gently squeeze water out by placing something a little heavy on the tofu wrapped in the towel.
2. Cut tofu in bite size pieces.
3. Pour oil into pot on medium heat.
4. Place egg yolks in a large bowl. Slowly add ice cold water using a whisk, blend well. Add flour or cornstarch and mix it’s ok if it has lumps.
5. Dip tofu in mixture and then in panko breadcrumbs.
6. Add to oil. Fry 2 minutes on each side.
7. In a bowl mix mayonnaise, sriracha, rice vinegar and sugar. Toss the tofu in mixture. Top with green onions.
Best eaten right away.